- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Wyoming
Spatial News reports the USGS has issued it first list of 169 U.S. volcanoes that need to be monitored through its National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS) .
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
The Casper Tribune reports Devils Tower National Park Superintendent Lisa Eckert has off the idea of giving the Devil’s Tower National Monument the added designation of Bear Lodge Historic Landmark after Wyoming’s Congressional delegation objected. Devil’s Tower was the first … Continue reading
Is Wyoming's Tallest Structure a Dormitory or a Coast Guard Tower Aimed at Helping Great Lakes Navigation?
The Casper Tribune has an article on the highest structures in Wyoming. Most believe 12-story McIntyre Hall at the University of Wyoming is the tallest in the state. However the Wyoming Almanac notes the Jim Bridger Power Plant in Sweetwater … Continue reading
THe NPS Morning Report Grand Teton National Park (WY) Backcountry Skier Seriously Injured in Avalanche On March 7th, rangers assisted Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) ski patrollers in rescuing an injured backcountry skier from Granite Canyon. Andy Bergin, 24, of … Continue reading
Aaron Maizlish has an amazing peaklist.org site discussing prominence (the distance from the highest point to the next highest point). The most spectacular examples of these are the peaks where you have could have a at least 5,000 foot vertical … Continue reading
Mountainclimb.com has great collection of pewter benchmarks of highpoints.
County Highpoints is the defacto website and forum for highpointers. Once you visit the 50 states, you’ve caught the bug and next logical spot are the 3,500+ county highpoints.
50states.com has great information summarizing each state.
Richard Carey at peakbagging.com has put together a very useful list of summit benchmark information as well as the official U.S. Government datasheets on the history of the benchmark.