- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Wyoming
The Fremont County publication The Ranger has a nice article on the trail work involved in building the switchbacks on the Glacier Trail between between Star Lake and Downs Fork Meadows as well as improvement on the Star Lake and … Continue reading
Randy Udall, of the powerful Udall political family was found dead July 3 after a week search of the Wind Rivers backcountry. Udall had entered via the Elkhart trail head on June 20 and was supposed to return on June … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting item of SPOT being used in a rescue on Gannett Peak. The Satellite Personal Tracker is often used in the backcountry for rescues in areas where you do not have cell phone coverage.
Don Scott, 63, from Boise died in a fall from Gannett Peak. He fell while standing on top of Gannett Peak. Strong winds have prevented helicopters from recovering his body.
The plane crash on Gannett has come to a sad end after it was discovered at 11,100 feet at Indian Pass. Authorities believe a small plane belonging to Sierra Bravo Corp. in Bloomington, Minn, executive has been downed around Gannett … Continue reading
Details are coming out about a group caught in an unexpected lightening storm on Teton that killed one of them. Some members of the group were seeking to climb the “Wyoming Grand Slam” — reaching the summits of Gannett Peak, … Continue reading
Scott Brumund photo from Bonney (Dinwoody) Pass 12,850′ looking north at Gannett Peak on 7/31/97 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Gannett Peak, Wyoming, 13,804 Feet Elevation: 13,804 Feet
Snowmobilers are calling for the resignation of John Sacklin is Yellowstone’s lead planner on the winter-use environmental study that examines the effects of snowmobiles in the park after he forwarded a snowmobile joke to them.
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
Much of Brokeback Mountain is set in Riverton, Wyoming, gateway to the Wind River Range and Gannett Peak.