- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Weather
Kenton recorded the lowest temperature in the history of Oklahoma’s Mesonet weather stations of -19 on February 3. The article notes Bob and Jane Apple, who live on a ranch 3 miles east of the community and operate a bed-and-breakfast … Continue reading
A tornado was reported June 5 north of Mount Washington in Gorham.
Mount Washington tied a record high of 58 on May 2 and in the late season cold snap which has frozen out almost all the Northeast peaks including High Point, NJ, reported a 13 degrees on May 9.
Just when you thought spring was in full bloom…they’re predicting snow on Mount Greylock.
The Union Leader reports the Mount Washington Auto Road plans to open May 8. which is relatively early. In the past the Auto Road has been opened as late as July 4.
Probably nobody is as obsessed with Spruce Knob weather as the Northern Virginia Astronomy Club which gathers during the new moon on weekends during warmer months at the Gatewood Campground at 4,000 feet just below the summit. The Campground has … Continue reading
The weather underground sticker is useful. But the NOAA weather forecast is available all the way to the summit during climbing season (May-July) and of course there’s the Denali Pass weather station that they want to maintain just below the … Continue reading
Mountwashington.org has livecam views of Mount Washington. Mount Washington Summit Deck.
The Daily Press reports that 11 Boy Scouts and 3 rescuers were hospitalized with frostbite and hypothermia after being caught in a blizzard with subzero temperatures at Grayson Highlands State Park. Rescuers had to cut the laces off the Scouts … Continue reading
Perhaps the best source for North Carolina mountain weather are the forecasts for Beech Mountain (elevation 5,020) at Fred’s General Mercantile on the averyweather.com site. Below are the Mount Mitchell and other forecasts from the NOAA.