- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Washington
Lee Adams III was killed on July 27 when he fell into a crevasse on Emmons Glaicer at the 13,000 level on Mount Rainier. Adams was leading a group of three when all fell into the crevasse after summiting. The … Continue reading
George Le Masurier has one of the most amusing tales you’ll ever find about summiting Rainier. Here’s just one excerpt. Because so many people try to climb Mount Rainier every year, the National Park Service rangers make it harder by … Continue reading
The Glacier Basin Trail at the base of Mount Rainier which was wiped out by about 18 inches of rain that poured down in 36 hours and raged through the White River Valley in November 2006 has reopened (and been … Continue reading
A group entitled Climb Against Coal summited Mount Rainier and placed a large “No Coal” sign on the glacier in protest of the TransAlta. The associated pages don’t show the usual summit shots.
Washington became the first state to totally abolish its Board on Geographic Names — even though its staff had been volunteer for the last months. Guess it’s time to rename Mount Rainier to Ti’Swaq.
Oregonlive has some interesting trivia on Mount Rainier *The 1,122 inches or 93.5 feet snow — in 1971-72 was a world record until Mount Baker took away the title in 1999 *9,000 climbers attempt to reach the summit of Mount … Continue reading
Sunrise opened over July 4 weekend but has water problems which has limited its functionality.
Surveyors are again planning to check the height of Mount Rainierr.
Searchers are hunting for Eric Lewis, 57-year-old , who unhooked himself from his companions on the Gibraltar Ledges Route on Rainier on July 1.
Brent Okita climbed Rainier for the 400th time on June 24. A total of three people have climbed it that many times.