- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Washington
here’s an amazing story (with lots of photos) on nwhikers.net of a hiker who was escorted from a campsite by a helicopter following the New Year Day murder of a Rainier ranger (authorities were concerned people in the park could … Continue reading
Huffington Post has this nifty Mount Rainier photo.
There’s been a mini swarm of earthquakes on Mount Rainier which got some big headlines but scientists say it is routine.
Here’s a cool time lapse of stars over Mount Rainier. Here’s an explanation of the process.
Mount Rainier has installed a webcam at Camp Muir. The web cam data is transmitted in the same packet as the camp’s weather. Officials note that it may be white at times since there is not enough power to address … Continue reading
The abundance of snow on Rainier has meant that Crystal Mountain Ski Area is open in July for only the second time in history.
Various sites are showing dramatic photos and videos of an avalanche on the Nisqually Glacier on Rainier.
While there may be a lot of snow this year, researchers say Rainier has lost 14 percent of its ice in the last r years. The article translates this into 8 inches of snow covering Rhode Island.
Officials have suspended the search for 50-year-old Rob Plankers on Rainier’s Liberty Ridge. He had been reported with hypothermia. There has been a snow slide in the vicinity of 13,600 feet. He earlier had been spotted on the summit. Officials … Continue reading
Officials say they plan to open Chinook Pass on Rainier by the end of of June. The Sunrise Visitor Center is to open July 1.