- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Washington
Mount Rainier has installed a webcam at Camp Muir. The web cam data is transmitted in the same packet as the camp’s weather. Officials note that it may be white at times since there is not enough power to address … Continue reading
The abundance of snow on Rainier has meant that Crystal Mountain Ski Area is open in July for only the second time in history.
Various sites are showing dramatic photos and videos of an avalanche on the Nisqually Glacier on Rainier.
While there may be a lot of snow this year, researchers say Rainier has lost 14 percent of its ice in the last r years. The article translates this into 8 inches of snow covering Rhode Island.
Officials have suspended the search for 50-year-old Rob Plankers on Rainier’s Liberty Ridge. He had been reported with hypothermia. There has been a snow slide in the vicinity of 13,600 feet. He earlier had been spotted on the summit. Officials … Continue reading
Officials say they plan to open Chinook Pass on Rainier by the end of of June. The Sunrise Visitor Center is to open July 1.
Dave Uberuaga (oo-buh-RAH’-guh), superintendent of Mount Rainier National Park since 2002, has moved to a similar position at Grand Canyon.
It was snowing at Paradise on June 8. Officials had earlier in the week said that snowpack on the mountain is 204% of normal for at the end of May.
Tucker Taffe, 33, of Alta, Utah, was killed after he fell 100 feet into a crevasse on the Nisqually Glacier on Mount Glacier. He was on a guided climb.
The climbing fee for Mount Rainier has increased from $30 to $43.