- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Washington
The National Park Service plans to keep the road to Paradise open 7 days a week during the winter of 2013-2014. Last season it was closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Three climbers fell 50 feet into Emmons Glacier about 3:30 a.m., Sunday, September 1. The three were airlifted separately. Two of them are critically injured.
It’s peak wildflower season on Mount Rainier and of course the photos are beautiful.
A group of Detroit soccer fans is planning to a soccer game atop Rainier on June 14, 2014 in a “MISSION: Soccer on the Summit.” Team Hooligans will play Team Heroes, constituted of military members, to raise money for the … Continue reading
Nick Elson and Eric Carter claim to have made a roundtrip climb/ski down (skiing mountaineering or “skimo”) from Paradise to Rainier in 4 hours 19 minutes and 23 seconds. The climb was on May 20, 2013 but had just been … Continue reading
Mount Rainier National Park officials are preparing to release a plan to eliminate hoist operations from military CH-47 Chinook helicopters for rescues. The helicopters were the fastest means of rescue but the process was also very risky at 15,000 feet. … Continue reading
Bronka Sundstrom, 77, is the oldest to climb Rainier. Bronka climbed the peak in a 19 hour roundtrip from Paradise rather than the frequent jumping off point at Camp Muir. At 77, she summits Mount Rainier – seattlepi.com.
Sunrise on Rainier opened earlier than usual on Friday, June 28, 2013. Sunrise Area at Mount Rainier Opens Friday – Summer – Bonney Lake-Sumner, WA Patch.
Houston Chronicle on Coverage of Rescue of Texas Rainier Climbers That Led to Death of Rainier Ranger
The Houston Chronicle has thorough coverage and photos of the 2012 rescue on Rainier of a Texas climbing party that led to the accident of one of the rangers rescuing them. Timeline: Tragedy on Mt. Rainier – Houston Chronicle.
A photo series of a woman hiking Mount Rainier in a ball gown in September 2012 has become something of a viral sensation.