- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Vermont
The last analog t.v. 300 foot tower on Mount Mansfield for WVNY is coming down in the next couple weeks.
The Burlington Free Press has an article on the moving of the March of Dimes monument from the Nose of Mount Mansfield to a more visible location at Mayo Farm in the village of Stowe.
Boston.com reports 2 Doberman Pinschers lost 50 pounds after being lost 13 days on Glastenbury Mountain in Vermont.
WCAX reports Andrew Haile survived a 100 foot fall down a ravine on Smuggler’s Notch on Mount Mansfield. Haile was helped to walk off the mountain and was taken to the hospital.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
The Mount Mansfield area has always enjoyed a bit of quaintness thanks ironically in part to the benign ownership of its biggest sort — the Stowe Mountain Resort — the insurance giant American International Group (AIG). However development is changing … Continue reading
The News Observer reports the Tubbs Snowshoe factory in Stowe, Vermont, is moving to China. Founded in Norway, Maine, in 1906, Tubbs once supplied snowshoes to the South Pole expedition of Richard Byrd and to the U.S. armed forces during … Continue reading
County Highpoints is the defacto website and forum for highpointers. Once you visit the 50 states, you’ve caught the bug and next logical spot are the 3,500+ county highpoints.
50states.com has great information summarizing each state.
WCAX reports Alec Stall was killed while skiing off-trail during the filming an extreme-skiing movie on Mount Mansfield. Police said he was pushed by a small avalanche over a cliff after he reached the bottom of the hill he was … Continue reading