- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Vermont
Three feet of snow fell in the Adirondacks and Mansfield reported the latest foot of snow in history. Spring storm dumps 3 feet of snow in upstate NY – NY Daily News.
Firefighters report a small forest fire on Mount Mansfield. The fire stared on Long Trail’s Taylor Lodge, on the Stowe side of the mountain, with embers from a campfire.
The Nor’easter on dropped a record 25 inches of snow on Mount Mansfield on October 15-16 (7 on the 15th and 18 on the 16th) which was more snow than had fallen on the peak this early before.
Vermont has requested that the Bicknell’s thrush be listed as an endangered species. The thrush is found at higher elevations of Mount Mansfield and other northeast peaks. The state notes that global warming is destroying its balsam fir habitat. There … Continue reading
Benjamin Wetherby, caretaker for lodges in Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest on Mount Mansfield, plans to hike the 25-mile Adirondack Great Range loop with his Australian cattle dog, Jadis, and friend, Michael DelSignore on Septmeber 11. The Great Range loop … Continue reading
Vermont Public Radio contrasts Vemont’s two most famous mountains — Camel Hump and Mount Mansfield and discusses the Long Trail that connects them noting of course that Mansfield is much more developed.
The folks over at cohp have the following suggestions for alternatives to Mount Mansfield:
The 3rd annual Race to the Top of Vermont will be August 29, 2010 with a 9:00 start. Run, mountain bike, or non-competitively hike up the highest mountain in Vermont on the famous Mt Mansfield Toll Road. This event will … Continue reading
The Burlington Post has an article on the Green Mountain Club’s 100th anniversary of the 273-mile Long Trail that runs up Vermont’s tree-covered spine from North Adams, Mass., to the Journey’s End marker at the Quebec border. It is the … Continue reading
The last analog t.v. 300 foot tower on Mount Mansfield for WVNY is coming down in the next couple weeks.