- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Vermont
Firefighters report a small forest fire on Mount Mansfield. The fire stared on Long Trail’s Taylor Lodge, on the Stowe side of the mountain, with embers from a campfire.
The Nor’easter on dropped a record 25 inches of snow on Mount Mansfield on October 15-16 (7 on the 15th and 18 on the 16th) which was more snow than had fallen on the peak this early before.
Vermont has requested that the Bicknell’s thrush be listed as an endangered species. The thrush is found at higher elevations of Mount Mansfield and other northeast peaks. The state notes that global warming is destroying its balsam fir habitat. There … Continue reading
Benjamin Wetherby, caretaker for lodges in Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest on Mount Mansfield, plans to hike the 25-mile Adirondack Great Range loop with his Australian cattle dog, Jadis, and friend, Michael DelSignore on Septmeber 11. The Great Range loop … Continue reading
Vermont Public Radio contrasts Vemont’s two most famous mountains — Camel Hump and Mount Mansfield and discusses the Long Trail that connects them noting of course that Mansfield is much more developed.
The folks over at cohp have the following suggestions for alternatives to Mount Mansfield:
The 3rd annual Race to the Top of Vermont will be August 29, 2010 with a 9:00 start. Run, mountain bike, or non-competitively hike up the highest mountain in Vermont on the famous Mt Mansfield Toll Road. This event will … Continue reading
The Burlington Post has an article on the Green Mountain Club’s 100th anniversary of the 273-mile Long Trail that runs up Vermont’s tree-covered spine from North Adams, Mass., to the Journey’s End marker at the Quebec border. It is the … Continue reading
The last analog t.v. 300 foot tower on Mount Mansfield for WVNY is coming down in the next couple weeks.
The Burlington Free Press has an article on the moving of the March of Dimes monument from the Nose of Mount Mansfield to a more visible location at Mayo Farm in the village of Stowe.