- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Utah
The AP reports Zion National Park is not issuing permits for its popular Narrows Trail because of run off from this season’s heavy snow.
Spatial News reports the USGS has issued it first list of 169 U.S. volcanoes that need to be monitored through its National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS) .
Arizona Central reports hypothermia is suspected as reason two Brigham Young University students attempt to swim Choprock Canyon and wound up drown at the Egypt Trailhead in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
David Rose has a guidebook to climbing Utah’s Thirteeners. His web page which lists the mountains also has a summit log and where you can buy the book.
KSL-TV reports Scott Berneau fell 35 feet off a rock ledge while hiking hiking north of the boat docks along the Colorado River in Moab. He had been hiking with friends who had turned back prior to the accident.
Aaron Maizlish has an amazing peaklist.org site discussing prominence (the distance from the highest point to the next highest point). The most spectacular examples of these are the peaks where you have could have a at least 5,000 foot vertical … Continue reading
The Sun Times reports Mark Thomas rode an avalanche feet first down Mount Nebo for 1,000 feet and survived with minor scratches.
Mountainclimb.com has great collection of pewter benchmarks of highpoints.
County Highpoints is the defacto website and forum for highpointers. Once you visit the 50 states, you’ve caught the bug and next logical spot are the 3,500+ county highpoints.