- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Utah
We’re delighted to find a “Friends of Kings Peak” page on facebook! Friends of Kings Peak.
An opinion piece in the Salt Lake Tribune calls for fees on the Henry Fork approach to Kings Peak to hire rangers after a hiker notice that garbage and feces litter the trail.
The official and most popular route for Kings Peak is from Henry Fork to Dollar Lake up Kings Peak takes you up Gunsight Pass down into the Painters Basin and then back up to Anderson Pass on to the summit. … Continue reading
Park Roundup: Mountaineer Lodge Snoqualmie Fire, Donald Trump Park, Delicate Arch Climb, Rocky Mountain Reprieve
Here’s the May 13 summary of park news including: Mountaineer Lodge Snoqualmie Fire, Donald Trump Park, Delicate Arch Climb, Rocky Mountain Reprieve.
Backcountry Accidents in Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah
Here’s the May 13, 2006 round up of backcountry accidents Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah.
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
About 600 square miles of the Uinta National Forest were closed to the public Tuesday as frequent avalanches continued to hit the area where a snowshoer was lost on Saturday.
KSL reports Bryan Butas has wound up in a Utah jail on a charge of insurance fraud following a massive search for him in August when it was reported he was missing on a hiking trip.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have put up a coloring book urging children to hug a tree to survive — in other words stay in one place until rescuers come.
The four day search for 11-year-old Brennan Hawkins in the Unita Mountains has a lot of people scratching their heads.