- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Utah
An opinion piece in the Salt Lake Tribune calls for fees on the Henry Fork approach to Kings Peak to hire rangers after a hiker notice that garbage and feces litter the trail.
The official and most popular route for Kings Peak is from Henry Fork to Dollar Lake up Kings Peak takes you up Gunsight Pass down into the Painters Basin and then back up to Anderson Pass on to the summit. … Continue reading
Park Roundup: Mountaineer Lodge Snoqualmie Fire, Donald Trump Park, Delicate Arch Climb, Rocky Mountain Reprieve
Here’s the May 13 summary of park news including: Mountaineer Lodge Snoqualmie Fire, Donald Trump Park, Delicate Arch Climb, Rocky Mountain Reprieve.
Backcountry Accidents in Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah
Here’s the May 13, 2006 round up of backcountry accidents Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah.
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
About 600 square miles of the Uinta National Forest were closed to the public Tuesday as frequent avalanches continued to hit the area where a snowshoer was lost on Saturday.
KSL reports Bryan Butas has wound up in a Utah jail on a charge of insurance fraud following a massive search for him in August when it was reported he was missing on a hiking trip.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have put up a coloring book urging children to hug a tree to survive — in other words stay in one place until rescuers come.
The four day search for 11-year-old Brennan Hawkins in the Unita Mountains has a lot of people scratching their heads.
Newspapers said Zion National Park Rangers said the 9 1/2 hour rescue in Pine Creek Canyon was one of the most difficult in the park’s history.