- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Trails
The Port Townsend Leader reports that only 50 people completed the 2,658-mile trail Pacific Crest Trail in 2005 thanks largely to heavy snowpack which closed many of the passes in the Sierras.
Times Argus reports Andrew Thompson completed the Appalachian Trail in a record 47 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes.
Tahoe World reports there was a light turnout for its first annual Tahoe City Trailday for Pacific Crest thru-hikers.
Cumberlink reports Justin Miles Kenney, 27, from Alabama was killed by a trail while thru hiking the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania.
Walkermnn reports Andrew Skurka of Massachusetts has walked 5,015 miles in his attempt to be the first to complete the 7,700 mile Sea to Sea Trail across the northern U.S. between the Atlantic and Pacific.
Leeburgs Today reports Michael Baldoni, 18, fell 80 feet off the Appalachian Trail near Raven Rocks in West Virginia.
Centerdaily reports Lee Barry has become at the oldest person to complete the Appalachian Trail at 81. He carried a homemade pack (made from nylon with no frame) . He started Jan. 2 at the trail’s southern terminus at Springer … Continue reading
ATC to Change Name to Appalachian Trail Conservancy