- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: ***Top Stories***
Below is a summary of articles on the Taum Sauk dam disaster in the past week.
The Upper Reservoir at the Taum Sauk Pumped Storage Plant has been breached flooding the Black River and creating havoc and washing out roads and buildings downstream.
China Daily reports that the latest estimate of the Everest’s height by China’s State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping is 29,017 feet. That’s about 12 feet less than the previous figure of 29,029 feet.
Highpointers.org reports Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules — they are permitting highpointers to visit any weekend 52 weeks a year!
North Carolina has unveiled the design for the Mount Mitchell Sumit Tower.
The Anchorage Daily News reports that a record 1,333 attempted McKinley in 2005.
Everestnews is reporting that the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal has said the pilot of the Eurocopter has told them that he did not actually land on the Everest summit on May 14 and 15 as widely publicized but rather … Continue reading
Eurocopter has released a gallery showing the landing of its Ecureuil/AStar AS 350 B3 helicopter piloted by Didier Delsalle on Mount Everest on May 14 and May 15.
Everestnews reports a serial Ecureuil/AStar AS 350 B3 helicopter piloted by Didier Delsalle landed on the top of Mount Everest on May 14 and May 15!
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports RMI is bracing for guide layoffs as the National Park Service plans to divide guided services among three mountaineering companies in 2006 and climber quota go into effect.