- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Texas
The Nature Conservancy the 177-acre Gypsum Dunes Preservee to Guadalupe National Park. It is the second largest dune field in North America.
Culturemap has some very nice photos of Guadalupe Peak.
Here’s a Mark Legget account of climbing Guadalupe.
Dog Canyon on the northwest side of Guadalupe Peak in Guadalupe National Park is closed due to fires. Officials say the main trails to Guadalupe Peak are still open. It is identified as the cutoff fire in the federal site.. … Continue reading
A Star-Telegram editor who had to be rescued on Guadalupe after becoming dehydrated says that you need 8 liters rather than 4 liters of water for the trip.
Backcontry Accidents: Fatalitie in Four Peaks Wilderness in Arizona and Franklin Mountains of Texas.
Austin is considering a $500 fine for hiker who jumped the fence on Mount Bonnell and had to be rescued by helicopter.
The Houston Chronicle reports a woman fell 100 feet while attempting to cross from McKelligon Canyon Park to the Franklin Mountains by El Paso.
The NPS Morning Report says a woman was rescued in heavy storm after she fell in Pecos River Canyon in Amistad NRA.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.