- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Tennessee
Volunteers are being sought to staff the new Information Center on Clingmans Dome. The Center will be in the former Civilian Conservation Corps restroom building (which has been GREATLY renovated). The staffing is being coorindated through the Great Smoky Mountains … Continue reading
The Dickson Herald reports the Great Smoky Mountains National Park site and highest point in Tennessee — hit 72 degrees Friday.
Here’s a summary of coyote, bear and mountain lion reports in Tennessee, Washington, Colorado and Massachusetts.
Three Cub Scouts reunited after getting lost in state park Napa Valley Register – Napa,CA,USA By MARSHA DORGAN, Register Staff Writer. Three Cub Scouts were reunited with their troop after being lost for about an hour and half in Robert … Continue reading
Police report they have recovered a 30 foot high 3-ton climbing wall that was stolen in Memphis from Outdoors Inc. but was recovered at the airport. The wall had been taken in tact and not broken apart.
Mount LeConte Lodge With Pigeon Forge Below Originally uploaded by americasroof. The Washington Post has this advice on dogs in the Smokies. The national park does allow dogs in campgrounds, picnic areas and along roads, including scenic overlooks — but … Continue reading
Ken Gauger has released a series of very detailed images identifying the mountain peaks from Mount Mitchell, Clingmans and Brasstown Bald.
WATE reports Smoky Mountains ranger rappelled into a 70-foot sinkhole to rescue a lost hunting dogs near Cades Cove.
The Mountains Press reports the Smokies have closed Clingmans trail to repave the trail.
WATE reports John Bollinger, 55, had a fatal heart attack on the Alum Cave trail to LeConte in the Smokies.