- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Tennessee
Clingmans Dome Road is to close for season on December 1.
Here’s an article on hiking all 900 miles of Smoky Mountain National Park.
Clingmans Dome Road will close for the season on December 1.
Clingmans Dome Road is going to be closed (again) on Sept. 13-18 to conclude the final paving and striping on the large parking lot that serves visitors to the observation tower, and will re-grade the gravel shoulders.
The nonprofit Cades Cove Heritage Tours has changed its name to Smoky Mountain Discovery and will begin offering hiker shuttlies.
Fraser Firs are bouncing back from the attacks of the balsam woolly adelgid.
Researchers hope that the new round of fraser firs will survive the balsam woolly adelgid on Clingmans Dome.
The Clingmans Dome Road (which was scheduled to re-open in May and June 19) will not open until June 19 while work continues on it. The roadwork is a result of $80 million in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Stimulus) … Continue reading
Volunteers are being sought to staff the new Information Center on Clingmans Dome. The Center will be in the former Civilian Conservation Corps restroom building (which has been GREATLY renovated). The staffing is being coorindated through the Great Smoky Mountains … Continue reading
The Dickson Herald reports the Great Smoky Mountains National Park site and highest point in Tennessee — hit 72 degrees Friday.