- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Technology
The full text of many guidebooks including guides to highpoints is now available at print.google.com.
A PR Report says The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) presented AmerenUE’s Taum Sauk pumped-storage hydroelectric plant its prestigious “Milestone in Electrical Engineering and Computing” award.
Science Daily reports University of Pennsylvania biologists have created a backpack that generates 7.4 watts of electricity.
Hill has posted an impressive tour of satellite images of U.S. highpoints using Google’s nifty new Google Earth service.
Hawaiichannel reports T-Mobile workers using the GPS coordinates of a phone organized a rescue of a mssing hiker in the Nu’uanu mountains.
Everestnews reports a serial Ecureuil/AStar AS 350 B3 helicopter piloted by Didier Delsalle landed on the top of Mount Everest on May 14 and May 15!
Stuff New Zealand reports Andrew James Ogilvy, 41, died when he fell 500m while climbing Mount Berth, near Lake Ohau in the Ahuriri Conservation Park in New Zealand
Google has unveiled the beta version of its online map program. It has the usual Google niceties — no ads and astonishingly fast. One of the coolest features is that you can drag the map to move it making it … Continue reading
If you really, really, really want to prove you visited a highpoint, Ricoh has come out with the Ricoh Pro G3 GPS Camera which records your coordinates and elevation with your shot. It’s a little pricey for a 3.2 megapixel, … Continue reading
Slashdot has got tongues wagging over what it considers in essence an attempt by Micosoft to patent latitude/longitude over the presentation of data. The problem Microsoft says is that latitude/longitude in URL’s can take up too many digits. In the … Continue reading