- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Technology
Science Daily reports University of Pennsylvania biologists have created a backpack that generates 7.4 watts of electricity.
Hill has posted an impressive tour of satellite images of U.S. highpoints using Google’s nifty new Google Earth service.
Hawaiichannel reports T-Mobile workers using the GPS coordinates of a phone organized a rescue of a mssing hiker in the Nu’uanu mountains.
Everestnews reports a serial Ecureuil/AStar AS 350 B3 helicopter piloted by Didier Delsalle landed on the top of Mount Everest on May 14 and May 15!
Stuff New Zealand reports Andrew James Ogilvy, 41, died when he fell 500m while climbing Mount Berth, near Lake Ohau in the Ahuriri Conservation Park in New Zealand
Google has unveiled the beta version of its online map program. It has the usual Google niceties — no ads and astonishingly fast. One of the coolest features is that you can drag the map to move it making it … Continue reading
If you really, really, really want to prove you visited a highpoint, Ricoh has come out with the Ricoh Pro G3 GPS Camera which records your coordinates and elevation with your shot. It’s a little pricey for a 3.2 megapixel, … Continue reading
Slashdot has got tongues wagging over what it considers in essence an attempt by Micosoft to patent latitude/longitude over the presentation of data. The problem Microsoft says is that latitude/longitude in URL’s can take up too many digits. In the … Continue reading
John McGee passes along this file for uploading the coordinates of the 50 highpoints to Delorme Topo 5.0
Mytopo.com is about to get the highest attention I’ve ever seen for a topo mapmaker. Their maps are to be used immediately prior to the NFC Championship game on Sunday between Philadelphia and Atlanta during CBS Coverage of the Subaru … Continue reading