- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Technology
There’s some talk about building a highpoint app. That got us searching and here’s some existing apps: *Peaks – Identifies mountains based on your camera and gps (for Iphone) *14ers – Helps with route info on 14′ers (for android) *Geocache … Continue reading
When you really, really, really need the extra juice to run your ipad, why not carry along your own 30-pound hydroelectric power plant. Set it up on any stream deeper than four feet (running at 7.5 feet/second), dig two trenches … Continue reading
Why backpack your tent and sleeping bag when you can wear it? Jakpak Gizmodo article
The Alaska section of the American Alpine Club has purchased a detailed model of Mount McKinley that contain 10,000 data points per square inch and is aimed to help climbers understand the mountain.
O’Neill Europe is marketing a solar backpack that will power your Ipod and Bluetooth wireless headset.
The BBC and other sources report a New York artist is selling sneakers for illegal aliens for $215 that include a built in map and compass.
The Windsor Tribune reports a woman was rescued in Poudre Canyon after a dispatcher used GPS directions to locate her.
In playing with the print.google.com I came across an excerpt from Haunted Heritage talking about the witches of Jerimoth Hill.
A Canadian company is seeking to build the world’s largest telescope — the size of a football field — on Mauna Kea.
Lightcap has unveiled a solar powered cap for your water bottle.