- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Technology
Huawei and China Mobile have launched 4G LTE TDD service at Mount Everest base camp. Now if they could just bring it to my phone.Huawei and China Mobile Bring LTE TDD to the Top of Mount Everest – About Huawei.
The Mountain Institute has placed a 3.055 kilowatt photovoltaic array atop its Spruce Knob Mountain Center in West Virginia. The institute which also owns the mountain.org domain has yerts in the complex.
Here’s a strange story of Daniel Hughes getting in trouble for using a Smartphone to broadcast from Everest with a commercial broadcast permit (which csts $2,000). First Video Broadcast From Mt. Everest Peak Outrages Tourist Ministry of Nepal – Slashdot.
Here’s an interesting item of SPOT being used in a rescue on Gannett Peak. The Satellite Personal Tracker is often used in the backcountry for rescues in areas where you do not have cell phone coverage.
Here’s an amusing tale of a woman trying to find Mount Whitney on Google maps on her iphone. Since Apple today surpassed Exxon as the world’s largest company in terms of market capitalization this is obviously proof the company can … Continue reading
A wired article list high tech gear the hiker wished he had taken including Anti-shock trekking poles, Waterproof gaiters, Nylon zip-off waterproof pants, Walkie talkies, GPS.
Here’s an interesting tale of emergency water boxes installed on a the Skyline Trail in the desert near Palm Springs.
Everest 3D – 3D RealityMaps from 3D RealityMaps on Vimeo. You can view 3d maps of Mount Everest here.
Gizmodo has an interesting article on Apa Sherpa who climbed Everest a record 21 times and now lives in Utah. It particularly highlights the eco items in his bag.
Kenton Cool did a record tweet “Everest summit no 9! ” (his ninth summit) from the summit using a Ncell receiver at Everest base.