- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Technology
Here’s an interesting item of SPOT being used in a rescue on Gannett Peak. The Satellite Personal Tracker is often used in the backcountry for rescues in areas where you do not have cell phone coverage.
Here’s an amusing tale of a woman trying to find Mount Whitney on Google maps on her iphone. Since Apple today surpassed Exxon as the world’s largest company in terms of market capitalization this is obviously proof the company can … Continue reading
A wired article list high tech gear the hiker wished he had taken including Anti-shock trekking poles, Waterproof gaiters, Nylon zip-off waterproof pants, Walkie talkies, GPS.
Here’s an interesting tale of emergency water boxes installed on a the Skyline Trail in the desert near Palm Springs.
Everest 3D – 3D RealityMaps from 3D RealityMaps on Vimeo. You can view 3d maps of Mount Everest here.
Gizmodo has an interesting article on Apa Sherpa who climbed Everest a record 21 times and now lives in Utah. It particularly highlights the eco items in his bag.
Kenton Cool did a record tweet “Everest summit no 9! ” (his ninth summit) from the summit using a Ncell receiver at Everest base.
There’s some talk about building a highpoint app. That got us searching and here’s some existing apps: *Peaks – Identifies mountains based on your camera and gps (for Iphone) *14ers – Helps with route info on 14′ers (for android) *Geocache … Continue reading
When you really, really, really need the extra juice to run your ipad, why not carry along your own 30-pound hydroelectric power plant. Set it up on any stream deeper than four feet (running at 7.5 feet/second), dig two trenches … Continue reading
Why backpack your tent and sleeping bag when you can wear it? Jakpak Gizmodo article