- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: States
The Seattle Times reports Denali National Park has raised climbing fees from $150 to $200 — the first increase since fees were instituted in the 1990s.
MSNBC and other news sources report that the alpha male Denali National Park Toklat wolf has been killed.
Denali Climbing Guide Author R.J. Secor Airlifted to California Hospital After 1,000 Foot Slide Down Mount Baldy
Various backcountry bulletin boards are buzzing about an accident Mount Baldy in California involving R.J. Secor, author of various guidebooks including “Denali Climbing Guide” as well as guides to the Sierras, Aconagua, and the Mexican volcanoes.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
David Rose has a guidebook to climbing Utah’s Thirteeners. His web page which lists the mountains also has a summit log and where you can buy the book.
The Denver Post hints that former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson is considering a seven summit attempt. Johnson, 52, has already climbed McKinley and Everest and according to the article can be found climbing Kachina Ridge above Taos perhaps 100 … Continue reading
The Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Race is held traditionally the third week in May. In 2005 it is on May 20. It is sponsored by The Freewheelers of Spartenberg, SC.
Backcountry bulletin boards are abuzz over the second death on the Whitney Mountaineers Route in less than a month. In this case Patrick Wang, 27, was killed while attempting to glissade off the summit. He cartwheeled for 300 feet before … Continue reading
Wisinfo reports an unsecured Wisconsin climber was airlifted after falling 15 to 20 feet at High Cliff State Park. She was treated and released at the hospital.
The News Tribune says Rainier Climbing Ranger Mike Gauthier is predicting one of the best years for climbing Rainier.