- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: States
The Seattle Times reports Denali National Park has raised climbing fees from $150 to $200 — the first increase since fees were instituted in the 1990s.
MSNBC and other news sources report that the alpha male Denali National Park Toklat wolf has been killed.
Denali Climbing Guide Author R.J. Secor Airlifted to California Hospital After 1,000 Foot Slide Down Mount Baldy
Various backcountry bulletin boards are buzzing about an accident Mount Baldy in California involving R.J. Secor, author of various guidebooks including “Denali Climbing Guide” as well as guides to the Sierras, Aconagua, and the Mexican volcanoes.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
David Rose has a guidebook to climbing Utah’s Thirteeners. His web page which lists the mountains also has a summit log and where you can buy the book.
The Denver Post hints that former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson is considering a seven summit attempt. Johnson, 52, has already climbed McKinley and Everest and according to the article can be found climbing Kachina Ridge above Taos perhaps 100 … Continue reading
The Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Race is held traditionally the third week in May. In 2005 it is on May 20. It is sponsored by The Freewheelers of Spartenberg, SC.
Backcountry bulletin boards are abuzz over the second death on the Whitney Mountaineers Route in less than a month. In this case Patrick Wang, 27, was killed while attempting to glissade off the summit. He cartwheeled for 300 feet before … Continue reading
Wisinfo reports an unsecured Wisconsin climber was airlifted after falling 15 to 20 feet at High Cliff State Park. She was treated and released at the hospital.
The News Tribune says Rainier Climbing Ranger Mike Gauthier is predicting one of the best years for climbing Rainier.