- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: States
The Berkshire Eagle reports the Rockwell and Notch roads to the Mount Greylock summit will open May 20
The New York Department of Environmental Conseravaiton each May and June asks for a voluntary ban on hiking Marcy and hiking other High Peaks in the Adirondacks to prevent damaging soggy trails from snow melt.
WCAX reports Andrew Haile survived a 100 foot fall down a ravine on Smuggler’s Notch on Mount Mansfield. Haile was helped to walk off the mountain and was taken to the hospital.
The Anchorage Daily News reports Italian David Bergamin cached his passport, plane ticket, spare food, extra fuel and other gear at the Motorcycle Hill camp near 11,000 feet on McKinley and then lost them creating a minidisaster for him when … Continue reading
The Arizona Daily Sun reports Harold Fish has been charged again for the second-degree murder of unarmed Grant Kuenzli following a dog confrontration on a trail near Payson, Arizona
The Anchorage Daily News reports that twin 55-year-old brothers Jerry and Terry Humphrey of Negley, Ohio, fell to their deaths after summiting McKinley.
newstalkzb reports Annabelle Bond is on Denali seeking to be the youngest and fastest woman to climb the 7 summits.
The Casper Times reports Jim Ratz, 52, former executive director of the National Outdoor Leadership School and co-owner of the Jackson Hole Mountain Guides, was died while rapelling Sinks Canyon across from the Sawmill Campground on Highway 131 near his … Continue reading
The Pasadena Star News reports a hiker stranded in a tree during a landslide in Easton Canyon was airlifted out after calling 911 with his cell phone.
The Denver Post reports federal approval for a 13,000 foot ski lift to Peak 8 at Breckenridge Ski Resort in Colorado — the highest in North America.