- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: States
The Fred Meyer Hood to Coast 197 mile relay — billed as the largest relay race in North America is traditionally the fourth weekend of August. 12,000 runners in the race that goes from Timberline Lodge to the coast. Visit … Continue reading
Aberdeen News reports Rita Sanders broke an arm when a rock dislodged by a climber above hit her on Devil’s Tower.
Planet Jackson Hole report Justin Sobol, 22, of Oakland Park, Florida, was airlifted after falling 1,000 feet while attempting a glissade to retrieve his crampons near Icefloe Lake, below the southwest face of the Middle Teton
The Anchorage Daily News reports Joanne Saunders, 52, suffered a broken nose and ripped leg after being attacked by a grizzly in Savage River area of Denali
AP reports Blue Ridge Parkway between Mount Mitchell and N.C. 80 will be open in time for Memorial Day weekend although a short section will be only one lane.
The News Tribune report 2 Lakewood climbers died on the Muir Snowfield in whiteout conditions on Rainier.
The Oregonian reports the Oregon National Guard airlifted two climbers after an avalanche injured them on the North Sister.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports on the closure of North Chagrin Reservation after a pair of aggressive female coyotes bit a bicyclist and a pet dog over the weekend. Officials have killed one of the coyotes which is believed to … Continue reading
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has an interview with Rainier Climbing Ranger Mike Gauthier who notes he likes cell phones on Rainier although people leave some strange messages.
Al.com has a profile of the Pinhoti Trail which summits Alabama’s two tallest mountains and stretches 120 miles from the Georgia line to Porter Gap.