- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: States
The Fred Meyer Hood to Coast 197 mile relay — billed as the largest relay race in North America is traditionally the fourth weekend of August. 12,000 runners in the race that goes from Timberline Lodge to the coast. Visit … Continue reading
Aberdeen News reports Rita Sanders broke an arm when a rock dislodged by a climber above hit her on Devil’s Tower.
Planet Jackson Hole report Justin Sobol, 22, of Oakland Park, Florida, was airlifted after falling 1,000 feet while attempting a glissade to retrieve his crampons near Icefloe Lake, below the southwest face of the Middle Teton
The Anchorage Daily News reports Joanne Saunders, 52, suffered a broken nose and ripped leg after being attacked by a grizzly in Savage River area of Denali
AP reports Blue Ridge Parkway between Mount Mitchell and N.C. 80 will be open in time for Memorial Day weekend although a short section will be only one lane.
The News Tribune report 2 Lakewood climbers died on the Muir Snowfield in whiteout conditions on Rainier.
The Oregonian reports the Oregon National Guard airlifted two climbers after an avalanche injured them on the North Sister.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports on the closure of North Chagrin Reservation after a pair of aggressive female coyotes bit a bicyclist and a pet dog over the weekend. Officials have killed one of the coyotes which is believed to … Continue reading
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has an interview with Rainier Climbing Ranger Mike Gauthier who notes he likes cell phones on Rainier although people leave some strange messages.
Al.com has a profile of the Pinhoti Trail which summits Alabama’s two tallest mountains and stretches 120 miles from the Georgia line to Porter Gap.