- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: States
KVOA reports Walthand Mooseman fell 25 feet while climbing Mount Lemmon near Windy Point in Arizona.
WATE reports Smoky Mountains ranger rappelled into a 70-foot sinkhole to rescue a lost hunting dogs near Cades Cove.
Private property access restrictions to Colorado Fourteeners made the front page of the New York Times on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005.
The New York Times reports that a Rochester Scout Troop received two of only 10 group size tickets issued this year in the Adirondack High Peaks.
Arizona Central reports Shelley Windsor, 31, of Mesa died last Saturday after falling more than 90 feet from a canyon wall at Paradise Forks, a popular climbing area 30 miles west of Flagstaff.
KCTS in Seattle is to air The Wonderland Project about an attempt to circumnavigating WashingtonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Mt. Rainier, in a single 24 hour push.
WCF Courier reports an early early avalanche on Mines Peak in Colorado killed Samuel Teetzen of Littleton, CO, and his pet golden retriever.
The Windsor Tribune reports a woman was rescued in Poudre Canyon after a dispatcher used GPS directions to locate her.
The Port Townsend Leader reports that only 50 people completed the 2,658-mile trail Pacific Crest Trail in 2005 thanks largely to heavy snowpack which closed many of the passes in the Sierras.
To raise money for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, the Mount Washington Hotel is auctioning itself off online. The winner gets the complete use of the hotel, all 200 rooms, which accommodate 500 people.