- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: States
NASA has cancelled funding plans for the controversial Outrigger telescope on top of Mauna Kea.
A press release from Ameren says the September overflow at Taum Sauk was caused by waves from Hurricane Rita.
The Taum Sauk Reservoir had a Niagra Falls style overflow on September 26 at the same spot that collapsed on December 14 — one day after the reservoir received an engineering award.
Heather Wilson, 43, of Hartford, Conn., was rescued on Hopper Trail on Greylock suffering from hypothermia.
Gov. Blunt has issued an order permitting overweight trucks to carry away Taum Sauk debris.
The Upper Reservoir at the Taum Sauk Pumped Storage Plant has been breached flooding the Black River and creating havoc and washing out roads and buildings downstream.
Ken Gauger has released a series of very detailed images identifying the mountain peaks from Mount Mitchell, Clingmans and Brasstown Bald.
SeattlePI reports Rev. Santos Teixeira fell 400 feet from Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park.
AZCentral reports Coconino National Forest officials are urging people to quit putting up Christmas decorations on the trees on Arizona 179 between Oak Creek and Sedona and on Arizona 89A between Sedona and Cottonwood.
The Anchorage News reports Alaska plans a northern Healy to Wonder Lake road into Denali National Park despite opposition from the park.