- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: South America
Nine-year-old Tyler Armstrong claims to be the youngest to summit Aconcagua. Post by Highpointers.
Peruvian Holmes Pantoja Bayona claims to have climber South America’s highest point in 13 hours:
Luis de Carlos, 60, from Naremburn in Sydney’s north, is believed to have blown off the Lanin volcano, near the border of Chile and Argentina in the Patagonian region.
The Ã¢â‚¬Å“Aconcagua CondorÃ¢â‚¬Â (Angelo Darrigo) broke his Everest hang glider height reocrd with a 9,100 meter (29,850 feet) flight over Tupungato volcano in the Andean Cordillera (Range) breaking his very own Everest 2004 altitude record.
30 year old Borja Oviedo suffered a heart attack10 metres short of the 6,962m high summit of Aconcaqua. Spanish climber dies in the Andes Wed, 11 Jan 2006, 17:32
The News Tribune reports that Rainier Mountaineering Inc. which will lose its monoply to Rainier guided climbs in 2006 plans to leads trip to 5 of the 7 summits.
Reuters reports the Czech government is offering to help pay for a fire at Chile’s most famous national park Torres del Paine in Patagonia after one of its citizen started it by kicking over a campstove. The fire burned in … Continue reading
The UPI reports that Eduard Silva died while descending Aconcaqua apparently from pulmonary edema — about 600 feet below the summit. At least nine people have died while climbing Aconcagua since 2001.