- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Snow
The abundance of snow on Rainier has meant that Crystal Mountain Ski Area is open in July for only the second time in history.
It was snowing at Paradise on June 8. Officials had earlier in the week said that snowpack on the mountain is 204% of normal for at the end of May.
Mauna Kea had a rare 6 inch snow on Sunday, June 4.
Cheaha has snow photos from the summit.
Mount Washington Observatory has cool photos of the ice covered mountain in the latest snow.
All five hikers who were missing for nearly 5 days on Mount Whitney following a snowstorm on October 18 have been accounted for. Phillip Abraham, Stevan Filipsand Dale Clymens, all of Omaha were found in a cave. They had initially … Continue reading
The Nor’easter on dropped a record 25 inches of snow on Mount Mansfield on October 15-16 (7 on the 15th and 18 on the 16th) which was more snow than had fallen on the peak this early before.
Baxter State Park reports on May 25: Hunt Trail and Abol Trail are open in their entirety. All other Katahdin Trails remain closed at this time. Traveler Trails are open. Expect to find numerous blow downs on all hiking trails … Continue reading
Near record low snowfall has resulted in McKinley National Park opening its roads earlier this year. The road to Teklanika rest area at 30 Mile opened April 3.
Just when you thought spring was in full bloom…they’re predicting snow on Mount Greylock.