- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Snow
Here’s a nice time lapse of last week’s snow on Mauna Kea. Post by Highpointers.
They still needed chains to get up Mount Washington over Memorial Day. Highpointers – Mount Washington this morning..
Three feet of snow fell in the Adirondacks and Mansfield reported the latest foot of snow in history. Spring storm dumps 3 feet of snow in upstate NY – NY Daily News.
The abundance of snow on Rainier has meant that Crystal Mountain Ski Area is open in July for only the second time in history.
It was snowing at Paradise on June 8. Officials had earlier in the week said that snowpack on the mountain is 204% of normal for at the end of May.
Mauna Kea had a rare 6 inch snow on Sunday, June 4.
Cheaha has snow photos from the summit.
Mount Washington Observatory has cool photos of the ice covered mountain in the latest snow.
All five hikers who were missing for nearly 5 days on Mount Whitney following a snowstorm on October 18 have been accounted for. Phillip Abraham, Stevan Filipsand Dale Clymens, all of Omaha were found in a cave. They had initially … Continue reading
The Nor’easter on dropped a record 25 inches of snow on Mount Mansfield on October 15-16 (7 on the 15th and 18 on the 16th) which was more snow than had fallen on the peak this early before.