History of Skiing on Mount Washington

An exhibit at the New England Ski Museum in Franconia Notch entitled “From Pastime to Enterprise: Skiing Becomes a Business” tells the history of the skilift. It notes that Howard Head’s Head Standard was the first commercially successful ski made of metal after a successful run down Mount Washington’s Tuckerman Ravine Headwall in April 1950. The exhibit is open through the 2011-2012 ski season.


Posted in General and tagged , by with no comments yet.

Wheeler Peak’s Enchanted Circle

An article focuses on skiing the resorts around Wheeler (Taos Ski Valley, Angel Fire, Red River, and Sipapu) notes the highlights of the 80-mile Enchanted Circle Scenic Drive that circles the mountain.


Posted in General and tagged , , by with no comments yet.
%d bloggers like this: