- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Records
The News Tribune reports that Robert Link, 49, of Bend, Oregon, is the latest person to join the 300 Club consisting of people who have climbed Rainier 300 times.
EverestNews via NepalNews reports that Pemba Dorje Sherpa, 28, who claims to have climbed Everest in a record 8 hours 10 minutes was thrown in jail after he went to the police to compalin of being harrassed claimed the record … Continue reading
Peruvian Holmes Pantoja Bayona claims to have climber South America’s highest point in 13 hours:
34-year-old Steve Perry, from Yorkshire, set off on the 1st of December to tackle all of Scotland’s 284 mountains standing over 3,000 feet.
SÃƒÂ¸ren Gudman climbed the 7 Summits (Kosciusko version) in a record 194 days.
This photo of Denali from Mount Sanford may not look like much but a website is claiming it is the “longest ground to ground view ever captured by camera” (227 miles).
KCTS in Seattle is to air The Wonderland Project about an attempt to circumnavigating WashingtonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Mt. Rainier, in a single 24 hour push.
Ted Keizer is seeking Duofold Hike 50 challenge, trekking 50 kilometers (about 31 miles) in 50 states within 100 days
Everest News reports Jerzy Michalski wants to be the oldest to climb Everest and the 7 summits at 75.
The Boston Globe reports Cameron Shaw-Doran claims to have become the first person to climb the 7.6 mile Mount Washington Road in a wheelchair.