- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Records
Almanac for Kids Says Mount Washington Is One of the Three Wettest and Coldest Places in the United State
Kentucky.com reports that the Almanac for Kids says the top three wettest places in the United States are Mount Washington, N.H., Quillayute, Wash. and Astoria, Ore. and that the three coldest places in the United States are Mount Washington, N.H., … Continue reading
Geoge Dunn, 56, completed his 500th summit of Rainier on July 31. Nobody has ever done this. He first started climbing the peak in 1969 and began guiding for RMI in 1975. He married a Rainier ranger.
Andrea Peyser of the New York Post is leading the charge criticizing parental actions in the 13-year-old Jordan Romero’s successful Everest summit over the weekend. Her article is entitled “The peak of stupidity” The article compares him to Balloon Boy … Continue reading
Oh Eun-sun is the first woman to complete all 14 8,000 meter peaks in the world. 19 other climbers have scaled the 26,247 feet. She completed on Nepal’s Annapurna, the 10th-highest peak in the world. While the climb was a … Continue reading
The News Tribune reports that Robert Link, 49, of Bend, Oregon, is the latest person to join the 300 Club consisting of people who have climbed Rainier 300 times.
EverestNews via NepalNews reports that Pemba Dorje Sherpa, 28, who claims to have climbed Everest in a record 8 hours 10 minutes was thrown in jail after he went to the police to compalin of being harrassed claimed the record … Continue reading
Peruvian Holmes Pantoja Bayona claims to have climber South America’s highest point in 13 hours:
34-year-old Steve Perry, from Yorkshire, set off on the 1st of December to tackle all of Scotland’s 284 mountains standing over 3,000 feet.
SÃƒÂ¸ren Gudman climbed the 7 Summits (Kosciusko version) in a record 194 days.
This photo of Denali from Mount Sanford may not look like much but a website is claiming it is the “longest ground to ground view ever captured by camera” (227 miles).