- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Records
80 year old Yuichiro Miura is the oldest man to climb Everest. Oldest Man To Climb Mount Everest, Yuichiro Miura, Nearly Died On The Way Down.
15-year-old Jordan Romero completed Vinson Massif on Christmas Eve 2011 making him the youngest person to complete all 7 summits. *Jordanromero.com *Wikipedia profile
Seven year old Tyler Armstrong climbed Whitney in 7 hours, 50 minutes. This has set off discussions about the youngest to day trip Whitney with some claiming kids as young as five have done it.
Jennifer Pharr is claiming she did the Appalachian Trail in a record 46 days going from Katahdin on June 16. And she had time to blog!
Vern Tejas has summited McKinley for the 50th time — including 4 times in 1988 alone. Vern who is 58 says he would like to have climbed it 65 times when he’s 65. Denali park officials say determining the record … Continue reading
Here’s an amazing video of climbing Eiger’s north face in record time.
Lonnie Dupre from Grand Marais, Minnesota, who was seeking to be the first person to climb Mount McKinley solo in January has descended from his camp at 17,000 feet to 14,000 feet after spending six nights stuck in the camp … Continue reading
Almanac for Kids Says Mount Washington Is One of the Three Wettest and Coldest Places in the United State
Kentucky.com reports that the Almanac for Kids says the top three wettest places in the United States are Mount Washington, N.H., Quillayute, Wash. and Astoria, Ore. and that the three coldest places in the United States are Mount Washington, N.H., … Continue reading
Geoge Dunn, 56, completed his 500th summit of Rainier on July 31. Nobody has ever done this. He first started climbing the peak in 1969 and began guiding for RMI in 1975. He married a Rainier ranger.
Andrea Peyser of the New York Post is leading the charge criticizing parental actions in the 13-year-old Jordan Romero’s successful Everest summit over the weekend. Her article is entitled “The peak of stupidity” The article compares him to Balloon Boy … Continue reading