- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Records
Brevard,North Carolina, school teacher Matt Kirk has claimed the record for fastest self supported hike of the Appalachian Trail – 58 days, nine hours and 38 minutes. The previous record was 60 days. Kirk averaged 37 miles a day. Former … Continue reading
Jennifer Pharr Davis Book About Her Record 46 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes Hike of the Appalachian Trail
Jennifer Pharr Davis who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 46 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes in 2011 — faster than anybody male or female — has book on the adventure Called Again: A Story of Love and Triumph
Nick Elson and Eric Carter claim to have made a roundtrip climb/ski down (skiing mountaineering or “skimo”) from Paradise to Rainier in 4 hours 19 minutes and 23 seconds. The climb was on May 20, 2013 but had just been … Continue reading
80 year old Yuichiro Miura is the oldest man to climb Everest. Oldest Man To Climb Mount Everest, Yuichiro Miura, Nearly Died On The Way Down.
15-year-old Jordan Romero completed Vinson Massif on Christmas Eve 2011 making him the youngest person to complete all 7 summits. *Jordanromero.com *Wikipedia profile
Seven year old Tyler Armstrong climbed Whitney in 7 hours, 50 minutes. This has set off discussions about the youngest to day trip Whitney with some claiming kids as young as five have done it.
Jennifer Pharr is claiming she did the Appalachian Trail in a record 46 days going from Katahdin on June 16. And she had time to blog!
Vern Tejas has summited McKinley for the 50th time — including 4 times in 1988 alone. Vern who is 58 says he would like to have climbed it 65 times when he’s 65. Denali park officials say determining the record … Continue reading
Here’s an amazing video of climbing Eiger’s north face in record time.
Lonnie Dupre from Grand Marais, Minnesota, who was seeking to be the first person to climb Mount McKinley solo in January has descended from his camp at 17,000 feet to 14,000 feet after spending six nights stuck in the camp … Continue reading