- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Races
The Mount Washington Road Race, a foot race, is traditionally the third Saturday in June. Registration is traditionally March 1-15. Heres’ the official site:mountwashingtonroadrace.com
Here’s a video of a David Higgin’s Subaru’s record 6 minutes and 11.54 seconds climb of Mount Washington on June 26, 2011 during the Mount Washington Hillclimb.
The Race to the Clouds on Mount Washington returned on June 26, 2011. The race which was first held in 1904 had not been held on the mountain for 10 years.
Record 4 hours, 52 minutes, 33 seconds in Mount Mitchell Challenge.
The first annual Mass Dash Realy goes 200 miles from Greylock to the JFK Library in Boston July 17-18.
The 3rd annual Race to the Top of Vermont will be August 29, 2010 with a 9:00 start. Run, mountain bike, or non-competitively hike up the highest mountain in Vermont on the famous Mt Mansfield Toll Road. This event will … Continue reading
The Mount Hood Cycling Classic is June 1-6. This year’s course had to have some course changes because of unplowed snow on part of the original course. The course closest to the mountain itself is Stage 4 Wy’East Road Race … Continue reading
The Rainier to Ruston 50 mile marathon on the Foothills Trail from Rainier to Puget Sound will be June 5. It celebrates Trail Days. It starts on the 1,700 level on Rainier. Its graphic notes it’s “from Tahoma to Tacoma” … Continue reading
The Mount Magazine 15K Run sponsored by the River Valley Runners will be June 5 starting at the Havana School.
Tim Bourassa of Winchester, Massachusetts, runs his marathons and races barefoot including the Mount Washington Road Race. Experts say this practice results in less “impact collision” with the ground when running. Last year he ran the New York Marathon in … Continue reading