- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Races
Here’s a video of a David Higgin’s Subaru’s record 6 minutes and 11.54 seconds climb of Mount Washington on June 26, 2011 during the Mount Washington Hillclimb.
The Race to the Clouds on Mount Washington returned on June 26, 2011. The race which was first held in 1904 had not been held on the mountain for 10 years.
Record 4 hours, 52 minutes, 33 seconds in Mount Mitchell Challenge.
The first annual Mass Dash Realy goes 200 miles from Greylock to the JFK Library in Boston July 17-18.
The 3rd annual Race to the Top of Vermont will be August 29, 2010 with a 9:00 start. Run, mountain bike, or non-competitively hike up the highest mountain in Vermont on the famous Mt Mansfield Toll Road. This event will … Continue reading
The Mount Hood Cycling Classic is June 1-6. This year’s course had to have some course changes because of unplowed snow on part of the original course. The course closest to the mountain itself is Stage 4 Wy’East Road Race … Continue reading
The Rainier to Ruston 50 mile marathon on the Foothills Trail from Rainier to Puget Sound will be June 5. It celebrates Trail Days. It starts on the 1,700 level on Rainier. Its graphic notes it’s “from Tahoma to Tacoma” … Continue reading
The Mount Magazine 15K Run sponsored by the River Valley Runners will be June 5 starting at the Havana School.
Tim Bourassa of Winchester, Massachusetts, runs his marathons and races barefoot including the Mount Washington Road Race. Experts say this practice results in less “impact collision” with the ground when running. Last year he ran the New York Marathon in … Continue reading
The Mount Washington Road Race Records and Hall of Fame has just launched. You check out their fan page on Facebook or their real blogspot world page (with actual records). There’s also the official page. The race will be June … Continue reading