- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Oregon
Mount Hood reports a series of swarm earthquakes with the biggest so far being 3.0 on May 14. The last swarm was July 2006 which peaked at 2.1 quake. In 2002 more than 200 quakes including a 4.5 hit the … Continue reading
Here’s a sad finale to a tale of a 9-year-old boy with leukemia who wanted to see snow this winter. He friends and family brought down truckloads from Mount Hood. He has passed.
A proposed bike park is stirring controversy at Timberline Lodge which according to the National Park Service would not be compatible with the National Register of Historic Places character of the lodge.
The 26th annual Hood to Coast run from Timberline Line Lodge to the Pacific Ocean at Seaside Oregon starts today. In addition to the 197-mile Hood to Coast run the 124-mile Portland to Coast Walk and High School Challenge is … Continue reading
Trail Damage: Mt. Hood loop trail may be cut for good Seattle Post Intelligencer – Jul 18, 2007 PORTLAND — A huge landslide has severed a trail used by thousands of hikers to circle Oregon’s Mount Hood, and US Forest … Continue reading
Oregon searchers try again to find climbers’ bodies on Mount Hood Houston Chronicle, United States – Jul 10, 2007 Seven months after three climbers died during a storm on Oregon’s Mount Hood, rescue workers are making plans to search for … Continue reading
Hiker Airlifted off Mount Hood After Boulder Pins Her Foot FOX News – 6 hours ago After nearly five hours on Mount Hood, Emily Vansteenwyk’s companions tried again to use a log and a rock to nudge the boulder off … Continue reading
Mt. Hood celebrates historic 1857 climb OregonLive.com, OR – 13 hours ago Monday marks the 150th anniversary of the first documented climb to Mount Hood’s 11239-foot summit by Henry Pittock, LJ Powell, William S. Buckley, …
Two were injured in a 500 foot fall on Mount Hood into Devil’s Kitchen involving three parties.
Three were hurt in a 500 foot Mount Hood fall.