- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Oregon
Robert Dale Wiebe was killed July 13 in a fall at the “Snow Dome” on Mt. Hood’s Coe Glacier.
Oregonlive has an amusing story of an 1887 fireworks display dubbed “red fire” when fireworks were carried to the summit and then exploded unexpectedly.
A climber apparently broke a leg after falling on the Hogsback on Mount Hood on July 7. Conditions on the mountain is described as “solid snow covered in ice.”
The final Mount Hood National Forest Quarter will be ceremoniously released on Wednesday, November 17, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time at the World Forestry Center located at 4033 SW Canyon Road, Portland, Oregon. The quarter-dollar features a view of Mount … Continue reading
A climber on the north side of Mount Hood near the Coe Glacier about the 9,500 foot level near the Snow Dome died on June 16. Details are sketchy and poor weather meant that his body was left on the … Continue reading
James Parker at Atlantic Magazine has an article on visiting locations for the filming of the Shining on its 30th anniversary including Timeberline Lodge on Mount Hood.
Two climbers did everything right in a rescue in white out conditions on Mount Hood. Mark Till and his son Robbie called for help giving authorities their GPS coordinates, activated a locator beacon, placed a bright-colored helmet on top of … Continue reading
The Mount Hood Cycling Classic is June 1-6. This year’s course had to have some course changes because of unplowed snow on part of the original course. The course closest to the mountain itself is Stage 4 Wy’East Road Race … Continue reading
It started on Mount Hood when students trucked down snow from Mount Hood for snow on the quad event in 2005 with snowboarding and other winter activities. It’s now spread to the Campus Jam Rail Tour at several western universities … Continue reading
Government Camp on Mount Hood voted on May 18 to remain unincorporated.