- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Oregon
A report published this week in Nature Geoscience by geologists from Oregon State University and the University of California at Davis, in work supported by the National Science Foundation says that Mount Hood has a different volcanic make up than … Continue reading
Lucio Barajas was airlifted off Mount Hood after breaking his leg on July 26.
Timberline Lodge is considering lift-assisted mountain biking that lifts to the top of a system of trails and then ride down during the offseason (July to October) However it is running into considerable opposition over the impact on the structure … Continue reading
Robert Dale Wiebe was killed July 13 in a fall at the “Snow Dome” on Mt. Hood’s Coe Glacier.
Oregonlive has an amusing story of an 1887 fireworks display dubbed “red fire” when fireworks were carried to the summit and then exploded unexpectedly.
A climber apparently broke a leg after falling on the Hogsback on Mount Hood on July 7. Conditions on the mountain is described as “solid snow covered in ice.”
The final Mount Hood National Forest Quarter will be ceremoniously released on Wednesday, November 17, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time at the World Forestry Center located at 4033 SW Canyon Road, Portland, Oregon. The quarter-dollar features a view of Mount … Continue reading
A climber on the north side of Mount Hood near the Coe Glacier about the 9,500 foot level near the Snow Dome died on June 16. Details are sketchy and poor weather meant that his body was left on the … Continue reading
James Parker at Atlantic Magazine has an article on visiting locations for the filming of the Shining on its 30th anniversary including Timeberline Lodge on Mount Hood.
Two climbers did everything right in a rescue in white out conditions on Mount Hood. Mark Till and his son Robbie called for help giving authorities their GPS coordinates, activated a locator beacon, placed a bright-colored helmet on top of … Continue reading