- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Oregon
Is that pyramid thing on the Oregon State Seal “Mount Hood”? That question came up after seeing that Oregon is the only state to have different images on different sides of its flag (the seal is one side and the … Continue reading
Officials say Meredith Jacques fell 300 feet after being by ice on Mount Hood. She suffered head, neck and back injuries.
A snowboarder disoriented on Mount Hood had to be rescued by helicopter.
The Mount Hood Cultural Center and Museum is sponsoring a fundraiser on the historic Glade Ski Trail which is open for one day on March 9. The trail which goes from Timberline to Government was the old way to ski … Continue reading
Warm weather and rain has dropped Mount Hood’s snowpack from 106 to 78 percent of normal.
The Mt. Hood Cultural Center & Museum in Government Camp is adding numerous exhibits on Mount Hood heritage and hopes to rebuild a model of the Mount Hood Fire Tower.
The Highpointers Photo Pool on Flickr has this nifty photo of Mount Hood.
Marcie Hume’s documentary on the Hood to Coast relay coast has opened.
Timberline Lodge is replacing its door (built by the CCC) with one built with federal stimulus money.
The formal launch of the new Mount Hood quarter will be November 17, 2010 at 10:30 AM PT. The location will be the World Forestry Center located at 4033 SW Canyon Road in Portland, Oregon.