- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Oregon
Marcie Hume’s documentary on the Hood to Coast relay coast has opened.
Timberline Lodge is replacing its door (built by the CCC) with one built with federal stimulus money.
The formal launch of the new Mount Hood quarter will be November 17, 2010 at 10:30 AM PT. The location will be the World Forestry Center located at 4033 SW Canyon Road in Portland, Oregon.
Timberline has opened its lifts early this year on October 27 — on the fifth time the lifts have opened in October.
Karen James who lost her husband on Mount Hood has returned to Portland for the first time since the accident to discuss how faith has gotten her through.
An article on how people survive long term traumatic events such as the miners recently trapped in a Chile mine tells the story of Randy Knapp who at 18 was trapped 13 days in a whiteout over New Years on … Continue reading
Authorities say it could cost $1 million to build a suspension bridge or perhaps $500,000 to reroute the Timberline Trail which washed out in 2006 Eliot Glacier, wiping out the trail less than a quarter-mile west of Cloud Cap trailhead. … Continue reading
Authoirites say they believe Anthony Vietti and his climbing companion, Katie Nolan are the two bodies found on Mount Hood at the 9,700-level of Reid Headwall. The two disappeared in December 2009. The body of a third companion Luke Gullberg … Continue reading
Karen James has written a book “Holding Fast: The Untold Story of the Mount Hood Tragedy” about finding faith following the death of her husband Kelly James on Mount Hood in December 2006.
$4 million in renovations to Timberline Lodge are being paid for by stimulus funds ($18 million in stimulus funds are being used in various projects).