- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Oregon
The Pacific Northwest has been suffering from very low snowpack. However heavy snows in February pushed its snowpack up 30 percent to 86 percent of normal on Mount Hood. Other areas south of Mount Hood and in California are still … Continue reading
Snowpack in the Mount Hood area is 23 to 40 percent of normal — among the lowest in recorded history.
The Warm Springs tribe (known as the Tenino people) have a right by treaty to use the area around Government Camp on Mount Hood. The Mt. Hood Tribal Heritage Center, named Wiwnu Wash, opened at the Mount Skibowl in 2012. … Continue reading
Authorities report 32-year-old Sebastian Kinasiewic, a Polish military officer, was killed on Mount Hood. His body was discovered at 9500 feet in the couloir Climbers Left Chute
An ice cave collapse on the White River Glacier killed snowboarde Collin Backowski. Officials noted warm weather has contributed to instability on the mountain. Rescuers find body of Mt. Hood snowboarder – Yahoo! News.
A body found by a helicopter on Mount Hood at 8,400 feet on Sandy Glacier is believed to be that of missing climber Kinley Adams who has been missing since June 22. Rescue operations were hampered first by bad weather … Continue reading
APOD: 2013 April 17 – Mt Hood and a Lenticular Cloud.
Stars at night Mt. Hood Timberline Lodge, Oregon USA. Time Lapse Video by Steven Koch Photography. from Steven Koch on Vimeo. We’re always a sucker for time lapse videos. Above is a 13 second night timelapse (shot over 5 hours) … Continue reading
Timberline posted today plans to open at Water Park at Timberline Lodge. Let’s see. It’s April Fools, right?
The body of 32-year-old Jared Townsley was found on February 7 at about 9,200-feet on Mount Hood. He had been reported missing on February 6 after not returning.