- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Oklahoma
Sherman, T. Allenson, Jr., 58, of Tyler, was found dead on September 5, 2011, by hikers about a mile from the Black Mesa, Oklahoma trailhead. Foul play is not suspected and it is believed he had been dead for some … Continue reading
Kenton, Oklahoma is scheduled to lose its post office. The Tulsa World has a great article on mail delivery in the Black Mesa area noting that the closes post office in Boise City would be 38 miles away.
An exhibit on Black Mesa including a 2,000 foot long diorama is opening at the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History in Norman, Oklahoma.
Kenton recorded the lowest temperature in the history of Oklahoma’s Mesonet weather stations of -19 on February 3. The article notes Bob and Jane Apple, who live on a ranch 3 miles east of the community and operate a bed-and-breakfast … Continue reading
The Oklahoman reports that Black Mesa is the coolest part of the state with “only” 7 days a year where the temperature is above 100 (in contrast to the Panhandle average of 21 days). July and August are the two … Continue reading
The Tulsa World has an article about stargazing at Kenton, Oklahoma, which locals say is the darkest place in the world.
‘The Merc’ is back in Kenton NewsOK.com (subscription), OK – Jul 28, 2007 My son wanted to hike the Black Mesa last weekend — and I had a package to pick up at the Hitching Post Ranch — good excuses … Continue reading
The NPS morning report says William Autrey was found the foot of an 80 foot cliff in the Bromide Hill area of Chickasaw National Recreation Area in Oklahoma.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
County Highpoints is the defacto website and forum for highpointers. Once you visit the 50 states, you’ve caught the bug and next logical spot are the 3,500+ county highpoints.