- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Ohio
Canton, Ohio, doesn’t like how Arcata, California, is treating its statue of William McKinley.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports on the closure of North Chagrin Reservation after a pair of aggressive female coyotes bit a bicyclist and a pet dog over the weekend. Officials have killed one of the coyotes which is believed to … Continue reading
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
County Highpoints is the defacto website and forum for highpointers. Once you visit the 50 states, you’ve caught the bug and next logical spot are the 3,500+ county highpoints.
50states.com has great information summarizing each state.
Richard Carey at peakbagging.com has put together a very useful list of summit benchmark information as well as the official U.S. Government datasheets on the history of the benchmark.
Post your trip reports here.
The Beacon-Journal has a very funny story on Akron myths including this: Claim: Akron is the highest place in Ohio. Reality: Akron isn’t even the highest place in Summit County. Yes, the name is derived from the Greek word “akros,” … Continue reading
You can read/post trip reports as comments here. or americasroof Campbell Hill Trip Reports Original americasroof Campbell Hill page.
The Bellefontaine Examiner reports The Logan County Commissions met at Hi-Point Vocational Center in an attempt to deal with the massive Ohio storms that knocked out power for 21,000 county residents and prompted the county to be in a state … Continue reading