- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Offbeat
News10 reports climbers near the summit of 13,710-foot Mount Mendel in Kings Canyon National Park found the head and shoulder of a man protruding from the ice at the base of a glacier and it is believed he is the … Continue reading
Science Daily reports University of Pennsylvania biologists have created a backpack that generates 7.4 watts of electricity.
The AP reports a Thomas Landeen was stranded overnight on a Loon Mountain, NH, Loon Mountain gondola while searchers hunted for him below.
Sony has agreed to a class action settlement regarding fake critic comments that pushed five movies including Vertical Limit.
Ananova reports flyers are telling Swiss hikers to sing showtunes — particularly songs from “The Sound of Music” to scare away bears.
The Daily Dispatch reports Stephen Gough, 46, the naked rambler who walked end to end in Britain in 2003/04 is planning a repeat performance but this time will be accompanied by 33-year-old girlfriend Melanie Roberts and a librarian who does … Continue reading
The Charleston Daily Mail reports two West Virginia fishermen cut short their trip after a bear drank their Coors Light beer and ate their food.
CBS5 reports Kathy Karlen used a lighted cell phone to flag a rescue helicopter at Shiloh Park near Windsor, California.
The Boston Globe reports a new variation on geocache — called letterboxing.
News24 reports a leech lodged in the nostril of a Hong Kong woman after she washed her face in a stream.