- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Offbeat
Ananova reports flyers are telling Swiss hikers to sing showtunes — particularly songs from “The Sound of Music” to scare away bears.
The Daily Dispatch reports Stephen Gough, 46, the naked rambler who walked end to end in Britain in 2003/04 is planning a repeat performance but this time will be accompanied by 33-year-old girlfriend Melanie Roberts and a librarian who does … Continue reading
The Charleston Daily Mail reports two West Virginia fishermen cut short their trip after a bear drank their Coors Light beer and ate their food.
CBS5 reports Kathy Karlen used a lighted cell phone to flag a rescue helicopter at Shiloh Park near Windsor, California.
The Boston Globe reports a new variation on geocache — called letterboxing.
News24 reports a leech lodged in the nostril of a Hong Kong woman after she washed her face in a stream.
The Taipei Times reports that Austrian ski resorts plan to wrap their snow with plastic foil to decrease melting.
The Gallup Independent has a strange tale about a lost hiker whose life was saved because the keys were in an SUV stuck in a 5′ New Mexico snowdrift. Chuck Whitney got stuck on County Route 50 and so he … Continue reading
The Boundary Point Yahoo Group has a report abount gurji tehara which is Hindu for boundary pillar marking the spot where the borders of 3 villages meet dating from vedic aka early bronze age times circa 3500 to 5500 years … Continue reading
The DenverChannel reports a Channel 7 helicopter plucked 42-year-old hiker from Littleton, Colo., off 14,060 foot Mount Bierstadt. Wendy Dean had gotten caught in white out conditions and a search was in progress. Dean said she became disoriented in the … Continue reading