- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Offbeat
Pikeville, Kentucky, is asking coal companies to remove two mountain tops to make room for more development for the town.
Canton, Ohio, doesn’t like how Arcata, California, is treating its statue of William McKinley.
O’Neill Europe is marketing a solar backpack that will power your Ipod and Bluetooth wireless headset.
The Chicago Tribune has an amazing list of stories of tom turkeys defending the roost.
AZCentral reports Coconino National Forest officials are urging people to quit putting up Christmas decorations on the trees on Arizona 179 between Oak Creek and Sedona and on Arizona 89A between Sedona and Cottonwood.
The BBC and other sources report a New York artist is selling sneakers for illegal aliens for $215 that include a built in map and compass.
Brietbart reports that controversy is raging in New Hampshire after assessors have dramatically increased property taxes based on a “view tax” for views of the White Mountains.
Hualapai Plan January 2006 Dedication of Glass Bottomed Grand Canyon Skywalk 4,000 Feet Above the Canyon Floor
A press release indicates the Hualapai plan to dedicate a glass bottomed walk jutting 70 over the Grand Canyon and 4,000 feet above the canyon floor in January 2006.
KSL reports Bryan Butas has wound up in a Utah jail on a charge of insurance fraud following a massive search for him in August when it was reported he was missing on a hiking trip.
The Seattle Times reports Starbucks is having to defend its trademark around the world as imitators make substitions including in Japan where the mermaid is replaced with Mount Rainier.