- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Offbeat
The BBC and other sources report a New York artist is selling sneakers for illegal aliens for $215 that include a built in map and compass.
Brietbart reports that controversy is raging in New Hampshire after assessors have dramatically increased property taxes based on a “view tax” for views of the White Mountains.
Hualapai Plan January 2006 Dedication of Glass Bottomed Grand Canyon Skywalk 4,000 Feet Above the Canyon Floor
A press release indicates the Hualapai plan to dedicate a glass bottomed walk jutting 70 over the Grand Canyon and 4,000 feet above the canyon floor in January 2006.
KSL reports Bryan Butas has wound up in a Utah jail on a charge of insurance fraud following a massive search for him in August when it was reported he was missing on a hiking trip.
The Seattle Times reports Starbucks is having to defend its trademark around the world as imitators make substitions including in Japan where the mermaid is replaced with Mount Rainier.
News10 reports climbers near the summit of 13,710-foot Mount Mendel in Kings Canyon National Park found the head and shoulder of a man protruding from the ice at the base of a glacier and it is believed he is the … Continue reading
Science Daily reports University of Pennsylvania biologists have created a backpack that generates 7.4 watts of electricity.
The AP reports a Thomas Landeen was stranded overnight on a Loon Mountain, NH, Loon Mountain gondola while searchers hunted for him below.
Sony has agreed to a class action settlement regarding fake critic comments that pushed five movies including Vertical Limit.
Ananova reports flyers are telling Swiss hikers to sing showtunes — particularly songs from “The Sound of Music” to scare away bears.