- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Offbeat
Lost hikers in San Jacinto Mountains in California stumbled upon the campsite of a hiker missing for a year and his equipment is believed to have spared their lives.
This ebay auction was highlighted on Jay Leno on Feb. 28. There were 15 bids and the winning bid of $51 means that the winner (bil15218) will get his initials peed at 51 feet on McKinley.
Police report they have recovered a 30 foot high 3-ton climbing wall that was stolen in Memphis from Outdoors Inc. but was recovered at the airport. The wall had been taken in tact and not broken apart.
Here’s an amusing (tongue in cheek) tale of 85-year-old Mary Woodbridge to climb Everest with her dachsund Daisy.
Mount Rainier has beaten Bigfoot as one of three finalists for the official Washington State Quarter.
West Virginia has replaced its “Wild, Wonderful” motto with “Open for Business.”
Sylvestor Stallone will be marketing “Sly Water” from Mount Rainier’s Carbon glacier starting in March.
Pikeville, Kentucky, is asking coal companies to remove two mountain tops to make room for more development for the town.