- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Offbeat
Police in Patagonia, Chile have arrested a man for stealing 5 tons of ice from the Jorge Montt Glacier to be used for cocktail drink ice.
After a film maker Jonathan Doyle filmed a couple of youtube videos of a guy wearing a Big Foot costume on New Hampshire’s Monadnock the park officials refused him access to the mountain. He sued and it’s gone to the … Continue reading
The Guardian in an article by nude hiker Hank Wangford reports that Nepal is moving to ban nude summiting Everest after a climber stripped on the summit in 2006.
The Outdoor Industry Foundation says backpacking trips deceased 22% from 16.3 million in 1998 to 13.5 million in 2005.
Conservationist cleaning Ben Nevis were astonished to discover a piano near the summit.
Lost hikers in San Jacinto Mountains in California stumbled upon the campsite of a hiker missing for a year and his equipment is believed to have spared their lives.
This ebay auction was highlighted on Jay Leno on Feb. 28. There were 15 bids and the winning bid of $51 means that the winner (bil15218) will get his initials peed at 51 feet on McKinley.
Police report they have recovered a 30 foot high 3-ton climbing wall that was stolen in Memphis from Outdoors Inc. but was recovered at the airport. The wall had been taken in tact and not broken apart.