- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: North Dakota
North Dakota Says Public Can’t Comment on Drilling Proposals Affecting Private Land Including Impact on White Butte
The North Dakota Industrial Commission says the public will not be permitted to comment on proposals to drill on private land including White Butte. The issue was raised last fall when North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem listed 18 “extraordinary … Continue reading
Concerns Over North Dakota Mineral Lease Auction Impact on White Butte as 17,000 Acres in Slope County Are Up
An auction of 54,000 acres of land for mineral leases on public land throughout North Dakota (with by far the biggest section being 17,000 acres in Slope County) is scheduled for Tuesday, August 6, in North Dakota has prompted various … Continue reading
Amidon, North Dakota, the “Gateway to White Butte”, has lost its title of the smallest county seat the United States. Amidon, population 20 in the 2010 census, has now been surpassed or rather undercut by Gann Valley, South Dakota, population … Continue reading
Mark Kalinowski has a remark youtube video showing the rattlesnakes on White Butte.
Mount LeConte Lodge With Pigeon Forge Below Originally uploaded by americasroof. The Washington Post has this advice on dogs in the Smokies. The national park does allow dogs in campgrounds, picnic areas and along roads, including scenic overlooks — but … Continue reading
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
County Highpoints is the defacto website and forum for highpointers. Once you visit the 50 states, you’ve caught the bug and next logical spot are the 3,500+ county highpoints.
50states.com has great information summarizing each state.
Richard Carey at peakbagging.com has put together a very useful list of summit benchmark information as well as the official U.S. Government datasheets on the history of the benchmark.
Post your trip reports here.