- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: North Carolina
Ken Gauger has released a series of very detailed images identifying the mountain peaks from Mount Mitchell, Clingmans and Brasstown Bald.
The Knox News reports a 60-year-old woman fell 35 feet down a ravine while hiking the paved Laurel Falls trail about six miles west of the Sugarlands Visitor Center when she fell about 35 feet.
I’ve been a bit under the weather for the past month or so but am now getting caught up. Here’s some additional storm info and the big snows that occurred when Wilma going up the coast from Florida slammed into … Continue reading
North Carolina has unveiled the design for the Mount Mitchell Sumit Tower.
North Carolina has unveiled the new tower for the Mount Mitchell Sumit Tower.
The 11-mile section of the Blue Ridge Parkway by Mount Mitchell damaged in the 2004 hurricanes has opened for the second time this season.
WCNC reports a rope snapped resulting in a 70 foot fatal fall on Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports heavy rains over the weekend closed the Mount Mitchell to NC 80 section of the Blue Ridge Parkway which had just reopened after hurricane damage from last year.
AP reports Blue Ridge Parkway between Mount Mitchell and N.C. 80 will be open in time for Memorial Day weekend although a short section will be only one lane.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.