- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: North Carolina
Obama’s visit to the Moutains to Sea Trail near Mount Mitchell on the Blue Ridge Parkway has stirred a several hikers to follow in his footsteps. There are also some suggestions about other trails. The President and First Lady hiked … Continue reading
This year’s bicycle “Assault on Mount Mitchell” ride will be May 24. Details.
The Ashville Citizen has an amusing tale of Karen Russell, a tourist from Westerville, Ohio, on her chance encounter with President Obama which we reported earlier as he was hiking off the Blue Ride Parkway. She thought he was headed … Continue reading
We may have to sign President Obama up to the Highpointers Club. Last week he was reported doing perhaps stealth visit to the DC Highpoint. This week in honor of Earth Day, he went hiking at Mile Post 375.6 on … Continue reading
Traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend? Asheville Citizen-Times, NC – Jul 7, 2007 The Mount Mitchell observation tower and tower trail will be closed due to construction until further notice. There will also be trail detours on the Old … Continue reading
250 have climbed Mount Washington in the Seek The Peak Hike A Thon to benefit the mountain’s observatory.
Backcountry accident reports: Big Bradley Falls and South Sister, Oregon.
The Blue Ridge Parkway north of Mount Mitchell which had been closed because a landslide from a 2004 hurricane in finally open.
Here’s coverage of the 2006 Mount Mitchell Marathon which takes place on the last weekend of each February.
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.