- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: North Carolina
There’s something of an interstate flap over the new quarter featuring Smoky Mountains and has the name “Tennessee” on on it. North Carolina notes that 53 percent of the park is actually in North Carolina. The quarter is part of … Continue reading
Mount Mitchell access was closed temporarily due to snow and sleet in the season’s first wintry storm.
Closed Section of Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville to Mount Mitchell is Tourist Attrraction for Hikers
The crack which closed the Blue Ridge Parkway at Milepost 376 which has closed the Parkway from Asheville to Mount Mitchell has grown to 300 feet long, more than 6 inches wide and several feet deep. A companion crack on … Continue reading
A 100 foot crack in the road has prompted an indefinite closure of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Milepost 375 by Asheville to Milepost 355 at N.C. 128/Mount Mitchell State Park. 20 Miles Of Blue Ridge Parkway In NC Closed … Continue reading
The 2013 Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Ride will be May 20. The ride is 102 miles long and has 10,357 in elevation gain.
Mount Mitchell State Park has closed the Mount Mitchell Trail and the National Forest has closed the Commissary Ridge Campground because of bear activity. *Mount Mitchell warnings *NFS warning Facebook entry
1,100 bicyclists did the 102 mile Assault on Mount Mitchell this year.
Record 4 hours, 52 minutes, 33 seconds in Mount Mitchell Challenge.
A report indicates 345,000 people visited Mount Mitchell State Park in 2010 — update 7 percent from 2009.
This report indicates there’s a treasure trove of blueberries ready for picking on Mount Mitchell