- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: North Carolina
The 2013 Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Ride will be May 20. The ride is 102 miles long and has 10,357 in elevation gain.
Mount Mitchell State Park has closed the Mount Mitchell Trail and the National Forest has closed the Commissary Ridge Campground because of bear activity. *Mount Mitchell warnings *NFS warning Facebook entry
1,100 bicyclists did the 102 mile Assault on Mount Mitchell this year.
Record 4 hours, 52 minutes, 33 seconds in Mount Mitchell Challenge.
A report indicates 345,000 people visited Mount Mitchell State Park in 2010 — update 7 percent from 2009.
This report indicates there’s a treasure trove of blueberries ready for picking on Mount Mitchell
North Carolina has just designated the following roads as the “Mount Mitchell Scenic Drive”: 4.9 miles of N.C. 128 11.3 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway 13.4 miles of N.C. 80 3.8 miles of U.S. 19 East 2 miles of … Continue reading
Fraser Firs are bouncing back from the attacks of the balsam woolly adelgid.
Researchers are studying the spruce-fir moss spider, which is the world’s smallest tarantulas. The spiders which are 1/8 inch long were found on Mount Mitchell in 1923 and first found in the Smokies on Mount LeConte in 1926.
Little Switzerland on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Mount Mitchell is celebrating its centennial. In its colorful history is a fight with the Blue Ridge in which it became the narrowest right of way (200 feet) on the Parkway in … Continue reading