- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: North America
CBC reports Geronimo Dagang fell 1,000 feet from a rock face in Alberta’s Jasper National Park Endless Chain Ridge.
Vancouver.ca reports a search is being scaled back for David Koch who it is believed disappeared while attempting a sunset photo shot from Grouse Mountain in suburban Vancouver.
Canada.com reports 3 climbers were short lined by 3 helicopters off of Mount Logan after 140 kph winds shredded their tents in -30C weather.
The Louisville Courier Journal reports Drew Wilson died while attempting a first subfreezing ascent of a rock in Baffin Island in Canada.
Canada.Com reports a climber broke both legs when a ledge gave way while he was climbing Mount Yamnuska in Alberta.
The News Tribune reports that Rainier Mountaineering Inc. which will lose its monoply to Rainier guided climbs in 2006 plans to leads trip to 5 of the 7 summits.
Canoe reports a 23-year-old student in Canada’s Kananaskis Country Sheep River Wildlife Sanctuary survived a wrestling match with a cougar by throwing it off of him. Peter Bysterveld said he was walking with his girlfriend when the cougar — about … Continue reading
Outlook Rockies has an incredible picture and story about the first winter ascent of Mount Alberta.
Beerleaguehockey.com reports a 17-member Canadian expedition Dr Sean Egan, a professor in the School of Human Kinetics at University of Ottawa, and Peter Luk, director, School of Business Management, Ryerson University, plan to set the record of the highest hockey … Continue reading
Fatal Ice Climbing Fall at Yoho National Park in Canada