- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: New Jersey
Here’s a report on people looking for the mythical creature Big Red Eye believed to the be the New Jersey Sasquatch.
A Sierra Club article protests a proposal to privatize New Jersey’s state parks. In speculating about what would happen if corporations get to naming rights there could be “Viagra High Point State Park”
Rutgers football stadium now has High Point in its name — HighPoint Solutions Stadium (after a consulting firm)
The New York Times has an article on affordable little used ski areas near New York City. Included in the list is High Point which has been operated for 16 years by a native of Norway, Hans Karlsen and has … Continue reading
The High Point State Park facebook page has this nifty photo of the New Jersey summit before the tower. The facebook page is promoting the Friends of High Point for a Classic Car Show this Saturday.
Mount Washington tied a record high of 58 on May 2 and in the late season cold snap which has frozen out almost all the Northeast peaks including High Point, NJ, reported a 13 degrees on May 9.
High Point State Park has started a blog listing events there. Its latest post was about a wildflower walk.
High Point State Park, Sussex County, in extreme northwest corner of New Jersey 60 miles, northwest of New York City, two miles southwest of Duttonville Latitude 41 degrees, 19 Minutes North, Longitude 74 degree, 38 Minutes West USGS Maps: Port … Continue reading
Biographies about the death this week of 105-year-old philanthropist Brooke Astor have highlighted a period when she married into the Kuser Family of High Point, New Jersey fame.