- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: New Jersey
Organizers of the Black Bear Century which goes through Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area en route to High Point State Park have been forced to cancel the event scheduled for October 12, 2013 because the government shut down means … Continue reading
Here’s a report on people looking for the mythical creature Big Red Eye believed to the be the New Jersey Sasquatch.
A Sierra Club article protests a proposal to privatize New Jersey’s state parks. In speculating about what would happen if corporations get to naming rights there could be “Viagra High Point State Park”
Rutgers football stadium now has High Point in its name — HighPoint Solutions Stadium (after a consulting firm)
The New York Times has an article on affordable little used ski areas near New York City. Included in the list is High Point which has been operated for 16 years by a native of Norway, Hans Karlsen and has … Continue reading
The High Point State Park facebook page has this nifty photo of the New Jersey summit before the tower. The facebook page is promoting the Friends of High Point for a Classic Car Show this Saturday.
Mount Washington tied a record high of 58 on May 2 and in the late season cold snap which has frozen out almost all the Northeast peaks including High Point, NJ, reported a 13 degrees on May 9.
High Point State Park has started a blog listing events there. Its latest post was about a wildflower walk.
High Point State Park, Sussex County, in extreme northwest corner of New Jersey 60 miles, northwest of New York City, two miles southwest of Duttonville Latitude 41 degrees, 19 Minutes North, Longitude 74 degree, 38 Minutes West USGS Maps: Port … Continue reading
Biographies about the death this week of 105-year-old philanthropist Brooke Astor have highlighted a period when she married into the Kuser Family of High Point, New Jersey fame.