- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: New Hampshire
A tornado was reported June 5 north of Mount Washington in Gorham.
The Mount Washington Observatory reports that wildfires from Quebec are dropping ash on the mountain. We got this originally from their facebook page.
Mount Washington is seeking help finding a bat cave. There have been lots of reports of bats on cog railroad side of the mountain and there’s speculation that bats may be hibernating high on the mountain in an unknown cave … Continue reading
Mount Washington tied a record high of 58 on May 2 and in the late season cold snap which has frozen out almost all the Northeast peaks including High Point, NJ, reported a 13 degrees on May 9.
This week’s big cold spell dropped two feet of snow on Mount Mansfield and Mount Washington. Now, a severe avalanche warning has been issued for Mount Washington (although they say it should subside by the weekend). Of course the snow … Continue reading
Tim Bourassa of Winchester, Massachusetts, runs his marathons and races barefoot including the Mount Washington Road Race. Experts say this practice results in less “impact collision” with the ground when running. Last year he ran the New York Marathon in … Continue reading
The Mount Washington Road Race Records and Hall of Fame has just launched. You check out their fan page on Facebook or their real blogspot world page (with actual records). There’s also the official page. The race will be June … Continue reading
The Associated Press via Newsday has a story on the 40th anniversary of a crash on the Mount Washington cog railway which killed 8 and injured at least 70.
The New York Times has an article about the 618-page White Mountain Guide now being available online (although you still have to be a member to read it).
August in New Hampshire: Sleet, Rime Ice, Freezing Temps 72 MPH Winds Postpone Mount Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb
Boston.com has an artilce on the postponement of the Mount Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb which was also postponed in July due to weather.