- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: New Hampshire
CRL has reported that it has amended its trademark application so that it is just focusing on lodging using th Mount Washington name and not so broadly as we reported yesterday. We’re not quite sure when the amendment occurred. The … Continue reading
Somebody knowledgeable in trademark law should take a look at the Mount Washington Lodge applications to trademark the name “Mount Washington” The applications are not as innocuous as the hotel claims. One of them (76690735) implies that they may be … Continue reading
Charges are flying on whether the Mount Washington Hotel is seeking to defacto trademark the name “Mount Washington” after it asked other accommodations around the mountain not to use the mountain name in their names.
Lucy, a 4-year-old dog, climbed Mount Washington in six hours on Aug. 18 despite being in a “walking wheelchair.”
Sean McCarthy, 17, was airlifted off Mount Washington after he fell about two-thirds of the way up the headwall on Huntington Ravine.
New Hampshire, Maine, Virginia and Georgia are considering corporate sponsorships of state parks. This could include corporate names on uniforms. Some state parks in Virginia already have corporate sponsored trail direction kiosks.
Subaru reports that nearly $200,000 was raised in the 10th annual “Seek the Peak” climb of Mount Washington.
Members of the Queensbury Paranormal Investigation Team are filming at the Mount Washington Lodge for an episode of SyFy Network’s “Ghosthunters.”
Christopher Bailli, 24, hiking off trail on Tuckerman Ravine slipped on rocks and fell to his death over the waterfall on July 18.
A dusting of snow on Mount Washington on July 1 briefly closed the toll road.