- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: New Hampshire
An unusual and very strong sun storm has created auroras at low latitudes (the picture above is from spaceweather.com We were alerted because of a gallery of the event posted by the Mount Washington Observatory. The above photo is from … Continue reading
The Race to the Clouds on Mount Washington returned on June 26, 2011. The race which was first held in 1904 had not been held on the mountain for 10 years.
An exhibit at the New England Ski Museum in Franconia Notch entitled “From Pastime to Enterprise: Skiing Becomes a Business” tells the history of the skilift. It notes that Howard Head’s Head Standard was the first commercially successful ski made … Continue reading
Organizers of the Mount Washington Bicycle Race have voided the records of Tyler Hamilton and Genevieve Jeanson after Hamilton appeared on 60 Minutes admitting to doping in bicycle races during an interview about Lance Armstrong on 60 Minutes.
Mount Washington celebrates odd records on Alton Weagle Day on May 28. Weagle climbed the mountain barefoot, backwards and blindfolded in the 1950s Among the new records was driving a car up backwards, going up on a unicycle.
The 7.6 mile Mount Washington Auto Road has opened for its 150th season.
Plymouth University is planning to open the Museum of the White Mountains in 2012.
The Boston Globe has a nifty article (and cool photo against Mount Washington) of the new zip line craze — this one Bretton Woods.
Mount Washington Observatory has cool photos of the ice covered mountain in the latest snow.
The Mount Washington Carriage Road completed in 1861 celebrates its 150th anniversary this year. Abraham Lincoln’s wife and son took a carriage ride to the summit in 1863. Various functions include horse drawn carriages July 16, auto road employees reunion … Continue reading